Since 2010 I have had a regular teaching obligation of at least two to four courses per year. I taught courses, seminars, and lectures in German, English and Danish for both Bachelor and Master students at four universities in three European countries — Germany, Switzerland, and Denmark. My teaching covers various topics based on my research focus, ranging from particular seminars to comprehensive lectures. The main issues were race and ethnicity, attitudes towards immigrants from a comparative perspective, cultural foundations of economic and political behaviour, general societal challenges of disadvantaged groups, and methodological issues.
I supervised around 30 master’s theses at the University of Copenhagen.
Here you can find my teaching portfolio
Courses at the University of Copenhagen
- The Psychology of Politics (syllabus)
- Forced and unforced immigration (syllabus)
- Passionate Politics (syllabus)
- The Politics of Immigration
- The Political Legacies of War and Conflict
- Methods 1, Methods 2, Methods 3- single lectures within the methods teaching. Course coordinator since Fall 2020.
Courses at the University of Southern Denmark
- Political Psychology
- Ethnic and Gender Discrimination in European Societies
Courses at the University of Bern
- Aspects of Political Psychology
- Attitudes towards Immigrants in International Comparison
- Politics of Immigration: Multiculturalism, Transnationalism, and National Identity
- Political and Cultural Values in Switzerland
- Attitudes Towards Immigrants and Immigration in Switzerland
- Political and Cultural Foundations of Economy
- Politics, Culture, and Economy
- Research Design in Comparative Politics
- Immigrants in Switzerland
- Preparation and Assistance for the “Ringvorlesung” Course of Lectures of all Department Professors
Courses at the University of Konstanz
- Empirical Tolerance Research
- Diversity, Trust, and Tolerance — New Challenges for Modern Civil Societies?
- Introduction to Political Sociology
- Teaching assistant for the lecture Comparative Politics
- Teaching assistant for Introduction to Data Analysis with R